Top 10 Best Memory Foam Pillows in 2019 [Complete Guide & Reviews]
While finding a quality mattress is air flow key to getting a good night’s sleep, having a comfortable pillow to go along with it is just as important. Having a poor quality pillow can result in
But with so many types of pillows out there, how do you know which one is the best? The most popular choice on the market today is the memory foam pillow. As with the mattress, these pillows conform to both the head and neck of the sleeper, aiding in spinal alignment and support while keeping the user comfortable. Just as with memory foam mattresses, the pillow comes in a variety of sizes and firmness styles to choose from. Read on for a compilation of the top 10 best memory foam pillows in 2019!
Top Memory Foam Pillow Comparison
Table of Contents
- Top Memory Foam Pillow Comparison
- 1. Snuggle-Pedic Ultra-Luxury Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Pillow
- 2. InteVision Foam Wedge Bed Pillow
- 3. Conforma Cushion Firm Memory Foam Pillow
- 4. Sleep Innovations Cool Memory Foam Contour Pillow
- 5. Malouf Z Zoned Memory Foam Pillow
- 6. Elite Rest Ultra Slim Sleeper Memory Foam Pillow
- 7. Xtreme Comforts Hypoallergenic Pillow
- 8. Xtreme Comforts Slim Hypoallergenic Shredded Memory Foam Pillow
- 9. Classic Brands Ventilated
- 10. Coop Home Goods Shredded Hypoallergenic Certipur Memory Foam Pillow
Most of the reviews for this pillow mention how comfortable the pillow is, offering the perfect balance between support and comfort and ensuring sleepers get a wonderful night of sleep and wake up to a pain-free morning. Made from a combination of hypoallergenic and low V.O.C. Biogreen memory foam and CertiPUR-US certified foam, the company shreds the filling in order to provide customers with a light and fluffy pillow that is still capable of giving the support that memory foam pillows are known for.
The combination of materials
- Shredded Style Combination Memory Foam Pillow That NEVER GOES FLAT! Our Kool-Flow Soft and Luxurious, Extra Breathable Micro-Vented Cover Made In The U.S.A. with 43% Viscose of Bamboo, 56.4 percent Polyester, .6 Percent Lycra KEEPS YOU COOL ALL NIGHT LONG! Fully Machine Washable.
- MADE IN USA CERTIFIED Bed Manufacturer Using Eco-Friendly Biogreen & Certipur-US Certified Foam. NOTE: PLEASE CHECK "SOLD BY" SELLER NAME, ONLY SNUGGLE-PEDIC PRODUCTS SOLD BY RELIEF-MART, INC. ARE GUARANTEED GENUINE AND WILL BE BACKED BY OUR LEADING 20-YEAR WARRANTY, 120-NIGHT SLEEP TRIAL, AND FREE PERSONAL CUSTOMIZATION IF UNSATISFIED!
- Now With Zipper Removable Outer Cover To Allow For Easy Adjustment of Thickness and Comfort. Conforming Shape Orthopedically Supports the Neck For Side, Stomach, & Back Sleepers.
Customers do have some concerns with regards to the pillow. In addition to being a bit expensive, the pillow requires some time to breathe after opening as some off-gassing can occur which results in an unpleasant odor. Also, the pillow needs to be re-fluffed on occasion. The pillow comes with a 20-year warranty and 90-day money back guarantee.
Sleepers who deal with sleep apnea, acid reflux, or breathing problems could benefit from a sleep wedge, as it helps to elevate the head and upper body throughout the night. This particular wedge is made up of two layers, a base layer of support foam with 1.5 inches of memory foam on top.
The wedge comes with a machine washable cover, although the wedge itself cannot be washed in a machine. While the wedge can be used for multiple purposes, including elevating your legs, it is best suited for back sleepers as, at 12 inches, it is quite high for those who sleep on their side or stomach.
- Two Layer Design: This latest version is made of 2-INCH memory foam layer on top of a firm base foam, also adding built-in channels between the top memory foam layer and the base foam to enhance air circulation. The end result is the most comfotable wedge pillow on the market. U.S. Patented
- Designed to help patients with acid reflux, snoring, allergies, or any other condition which breathing may be impaired in supine position
- It can also be used when you are recommeded by a health professional to sleep in an elevated position after surgery. It helps reduce back pain, providing a healthy, more comfortable night's sleep.
Even after multiple hours of use, reviews suggest this wedge continues to hold its shape, support and comfort level. Some reviews suggest the pillow could be too firm, although this is a matter of personal taste and something that each user will need to try out for themselves. In addition, some reviews suggest that the pillow sleeps hot.
For those seeking a memory foam pillow with a medium amount of firmness, the Conforma offers an open cell structure in addition to ventilated holes that aid in the flow of air through the pillow itself. Put together, these features allow for pressure relief as well as head, neck, and upper back support by contouring to the natural shape of your head and neck.
At the same time, the holes promote airflow for a
- Pressure Relieving Memory Foam, Memory Foam Is Hypo Allergenic And Dust Mite Resistant
- Ventilated Memory Foam With Cool Sleep Technology
- Soft Velour Cover
While some users enjoy the five inches of thickness that accompany the pillow, stomach sleepers may not appreciate it as much. In addition, some users have noted that the pillow may take some time to break in, as well as an odor upon first use. The pillow comes with a three year warranty, and the company states it will not go flat or require any re-fluffing. However, some reviews suggest the pillow may not last too much longer than the warranty.
This open cell memory foam pillow features a contoured shape filled with anti-allergy three-pound density foam which works as an ergonomic cradle to add additional support to your head, neck, and shoulders as you sleep and give further support to spinal alignment. The design of the pillow has a high curve on one side and a low curve on the other, making it
The pillow is made from SuperTemp foam which works to regulate temperature through airflow maintenance. The machine washable cover is made from a blend of materials, including 75% cotton and 25% polyester.
- BED PILLOW: This pillow for neck and shoulder pain provides therapeutic support so you wake up feeling refreshed, recharged and ready to take on the day.
- COOLING MEMORY FOAM: The therapeutic design of this cooling pillow adapts to your head, neck and shoulders to provide the enhanced support and gentle alignment you need.
- COMFORT & SUPPORT: Choose between the higher and lower contours for the support that feels best. The contour pillow design helps reduce pain and stiffness - a great back and side sleeper pillow.
While it is available at a lower price than most other highly rated memory foam pillows, some users have noted that if a lot of weight is placed on the pillow, such as with people with heavy heads, it tends to squish down and not offer enough support. Other reviews suggest that the pillow gives off an odor that takes a few days to completely go away. Also, some people have said that despite the cooling technology it still sleeps hot. A five year warranty is included with purchase.
The Malouf Z is different from other memory foam pillows available for multiple reasons. The included foam is softer than regular memory foam, allowing you to sink
- Compressible design allows for convenient travel or use as a neck roll pillow
- Open-cell technology yields maximum resiliency and longevity
- Pin-core technology creates a softer and more breathable dough foam
Lastly, the pillow comes in a variety of sizes and firmness options
Also Check out our post on- 10 Best Mattress for Heavy People.
The pillow also features a rayon and bamboo velour cover that is soft to the touch. Despite all of this, there are a few issues. Like most pillows in this category, the Malouf Z comes with a slight smell that may take several days to dissipate. In addition, the price tag is almost twice as much as other memory foam pillows currently available.
Made for back and stomach sleepers, as well as people with a thin body frame, this slim 2.5-inch thick pillow does not include as much foam so as to better support the natural alignment of the body while also preventing pressure points from forming. This is especially important for people with less body weight, as a thicker pillow could cause your head to be pushed too far forward or back, resulting in neck pain or a strained back. Featuring a flat side and a fluffy side, the pillow does contour to the head of the user in order to provide proper support for both head and neck.
- Extra Extra Thin & Firm! Only 2.5 inches thick
- Ideal for stomach or back sleepers
- Half Pillow Design: Flat on One Side, Normal on the Other
While the slim design and flat shape of the pillow do not allow for the pillow to breathe as much as others currently available on the market, the included cover is made from 100% cotton, allowing for a
This pillow features a micro-vented kool-flow soft bamboo cover and is filled with shredded CertiPUR-US Certified memory foam. Resistant to both mold and dust mites, the pillow comes overstuffed but is easily customized to your preference of fluffiness based on your sleeping position. With a soft cover and firm filling, the pillow offers users both comfort and support to ensure your head stays in alignment with your spine and neck.
- RATED #1 2018 by THE WIRECUTTER an independent review organization. USA TODAY VOTED 2019 BEST PILLOW. MADE IN THE USA - FULLY ADJUSTABLE - IDEAL FOR ALL SLEEP POSITIONS. BACK, SIDE, STOMACH. The NEW inner zipper allows you to ADJUST THE PILLOW THICKNESS to make it a perfect fit for YOU. - Whether you like it fluffy, flat or in the middle, simply open the zipper & remove some fill to have it your way. - FALL ASLEEP FAST and SLEEP BETTER than you ever have before!
- MICRO-VENTED KOOL-FLOW TECHNOLOGY BAMBOO COVER is soft as a cloud & provides superior air circulation and breathability while regulating temperature to KEEP THE PILLOW SURFACE COOL for the best sleep ever! No more sweaty faces - Experience extreme comfort
- OUR MEMORY FOAM PILLOWS USE ONLY CertiPUR-US CERTIFIED FOAM & MEET STRINGENT STANDARDS for content, emissions & durability. They are analyzed by independent, accredited testing labs. - SLEEP RESTFULLY knowing that our pillows for sleeping have NO ozone depleters, TCEP flame retardants, TDCPP, PBDEs, lead, mercury, and heavy metals, formaldehyde, phthalates regulated by the CPSC, or CFCs - This assures you and your family are using a HEALTHY AND SAFE PRODUCT especially for those during pregnancy.
Online reviews suggest that the pillow does keep it shape throughout the night, although you will need to re-fluff quite often, possibly at the start of each night. The pillow is best suited for back and side sleepers, as well as stomach sleepers who sleep half on their stomach and
The slim version of the Xtreme Comforts Shredded Memory Foam Pillow, this is also filled with shredded CertiPUR-US Certified foam and comes with a micro-vented kool-flow technology bamboo cover for a cool night of sleep. The difference between these two pillows is that this one is only five inches thick and is fluffier than the original version. While those who feel the original is too thick may enjoy this version instead, stomach sleepers may find the slim version to still be too thick. This may not be the right pillow for these sleepers, as it does not have the ability to be customized for each customer, meaning it cannot be made any thinner.
- "THE BEST BED PILLOW" RATED #1 by THE WIRECUTTER an independent review organization. USA TODAY VOTED 2019 BEST PILLOW. MADE IN THE USA - - IDEAL FOR ALL SLEEP POSITIONS.... BACK, SIDE, STOMACH. a perfect fit for YOU. - FALL ASLEEP FAST and SLEEP BETTER than you ever have before!
- OUR MEMORY FOAM PILLOWS USE ONLY CertiPUR-US CERTIFIED FOAM & MEET STRINGENT STANDARDS for content, emissions & durability. They are analyzed by independent, accredited testing labs. - SLEEP RESTFULLY knowing that our pillows have NO ozone depleters, TCEP flame retardants, TDCPP, PBDEs, lead, mercury, and heavy metals, formaldehyde, phthalates regulated by the CPSC, or CFCs. - This assures you and your family are using a HEALTHY AND SAFE PRODUCT especially for those during pregnancy.
- ULTRA DELUXE PREMIUM QUALITY SHREDDED MEMORY FOAM will not become lumpy or go flat. It remains uniform in density, CONFORMING TO YOUR PERSONAL HEAD & NECK CONTOUR for a perfect nights sleep & returns to shape, night after night, - Because the foam is shredded, you can maneuver & mold your pillow so that it is comfortable for back stomach & side sleepers. - Promotes PROPER BACK, NECK & SPINE ALIGNMENT. Help BACK & NECK PAIN, TOSSING & TURNING, Insomnia, Migraines, Snoring and ORTHOPEDIC PROBLEMS.
In addition, some reviews suggest the initial odor takes several days to go away, and the pillow tends to get a little bit “lumpy” over time. The pillow features a six year warranty and 30-day money back guarantee.
The vents featured on this thick memory foam pillow help to ensure a cool night of sleep for users. However, it is worth noting that the coolness does not seem to last all night long, although it will be helpful with the first few hours which should help you initially fall asleep in hot temperatures.
- Responsive memory foam provides ergonomic support and is ideal for side and back sleepers
- Superior pressure relief and supportive comfort for your head, neck, and shoulders
- Memory foam is naturally antimicrobial and resistant to allergens, mold, bacteria, and dust mites
While the thick pillow comes in a variety of sizes, they were all created to be very firm, which may not make it the best option for people who prefer a softer feel.
Much like the name suggests, this memory foam pillow contains a mix of shredded visco elastic memory foam which the company will put more or less of in depending on the needs of each individual customer, helping to relieve any back pain that those who use it may be experiencing. The machine washable foam is hypoallergenic, CertiPUR-US Certified, and resistant to dust mites. Customers also appreciate that the cover, which is made of 60% polyester and 40% bamboo is breathable, allowing the user to sleep cool. The pillow is currently one of the best rated among memory foam pillows. Customers are offered a 30-day trial period to determine whether the pillow meets their needs, after which there is a five year warranty that goes into effect against the pillow going flat.
- SUITABLE FOR ANYBODY & FULLY ADJUSTABLE - Our unique, adjustable body pillow will help you achieve more restful sleep, support healthy alignment, and conform to your every curve with its advanced memory foam technology. Goodbye, tossing and turning.
- MAKE ROOM FOR THE PERFECT CUDDLE BUDDY - Why cuddle with a sweaty human? With squishy support and a breathable cover, the body pillow makes the perfect companion in bed.
- ADJUST AND SHAPE IT TO YOUR UNIQUE BODY - Whether you're petite or NBA player-sized, you can customize your body pillow to conform to your body. Just add, remove, or shape the fill to create different levels of support throughout the pillow.
Complaints received about the pillow include an off-gassing that can take multiple days to dissipate.
However, the list we have put together for you features
For those who do not know what type of pillow they may want, or who go through several sleep positions throughout the night, a recent study published in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics suggests that 10 centimeters provides the optimal level of thickness in a pillow and provides the most comfort.
In the end, we suggest that, even after you finish your initial research, you take the time to test out these pillows before you buy them, even if it is just a few minutes in the store.