From selling books online, Amazon has become the internet’s retailer of any random stuff you can think of. While books remain its largest category at 44.2 million, the e-commerce giant boasts an inventory of 120 million products as of April 2019. This is the place to be if you’re looking for the perfect bed to buy.
Yet, plowing through the mattress choices on this digital marketplace can be futile without prior research. Quality is not always obvious and can be obscured by quantity. But don’t you fret because we got you.
We’re combining our familiarity with Amazon and our knowledge of best online mattresses to give you the only Best Mattress on Amazon Reviews you’ll need to read.
Table of Contents
- Best Mattress on Amazon
- 1. T&N Adaptive Foam by Tuft & Needle
- 2. The Nectar Mattress
- 3. The Original Purple Mattress
- 4. The Casper Mattress
- 5. Lucid 10-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress
- 6. FLIP by Nest Bedding
- 7. Ghostbed Mattress
- 8. AmazonBasics Memory Foam Mattress
- 9. Zinus Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress
- 10. Linenspa 8-Inch Memory Foam Hybrid Mattress
- Know Before You Buy
- The Verdict
Best Mattress on Amazon
Tuft & Needle has an alternative for the traditional memory foam. This is the Adaptive Foam found in the T&N Adaptive Foam Mattress. It is called such because of the bed’s response to your body’s pressure points. Heavier parts, such as the shoulders and hips, are supported more firmly. The foam prevents them from sinking all the way to the bottom, which is a recipe for soreness.
Additionally, the foam is infused with two components known to wick away heat: cooling gel and graphite. It’s followed by a foam base that’s designed to keep the entire bed supported and stable. You will feel safe and protected knowing that the materials inside this model are certified by CertiPUR-US and GREENGUARD. Any sleeper type can enjoy it. Couples would be glad to hear about the nice bounce it gives.
Motion isolation is good in this Tuft & Needle mattress. And the price is relatively cheap. Its queen edition retails at $595 (without discount) on Amazon. If you’re lucky, you even get to save some bucks. The e-commerce site honors the 100-night sleep trial and a 10-year limited warranty that come with the bed. You are eligible for free shipping and a full refund in case of a return request.
- Proven: Over a million people choose us every night. In fact, 95% of our customers keep and love their T&N Original Mattress, Featuring our own proprietary T&N Adaptive foam, the Original Mattress is universally comfortable for all sleeping positions
- Proprietary foam: Our T&N Adaptive foam is engineered based on customer feedback and provides pressure relief where you need it most. An open-cell structure provides a flexible sleep surface that adjusts to you as you move throughout the night
- Cool sleeping: Our foam is more advanced than outdated materials such as latex and memory foam, the T&N Adaptive foam helps pull away heat with cooling graphite and gel beads, wrapped in our breathable plush cover to help keep you cool and comfortable
Nectar is a brand that seeks to provide affordable comfort to people. In terms of comfort, it dishes out an all-foam model through the Nectar Mattress. The first layer is quilted and infused with gel to keep you cool while giving you a lift. The second layer is also infused with gel and is in charge of even weight distribution. Meanwhile, the third one is responsible for recovery and bounce.
Completing the construction is an OEKO-TEX-certified Tencel fabric cover that is cool to the touch. The CertiPUR-US-certified foams enlist gel to enhance breathability while the base is well-ventilated. This model is just as contouring and supportive as the traditional memory foam, minus the “sleeping hot” part. And with a medium-firm score, it has just the right feel to cater to many sleeper types.
Now, for the affordable part, a Queen Nectar costs $799. It has Amazon’s seal of approval, the Amazon’s Choice, on its product page. When you buy it on the e-commerce site, you can take home 2 premium pillows on top of the bed. You can also take advantage of the 180-night sleep trial and lifetime–or forever–warranty offered by Nectar.
- #1 FASTEST GROWING BRAND IN THE U.S. - Recognized as the fastest growing e-commerce retailer by Internet Retailer, Nectar is a memory foam bed-in-a-box mattress designed for every kind of sleeper. Nectar is part of the Resident House of Brands.
- DIMENSIONS: 39" W x 80" L x 11" H
- TIME TO EXPAND: Mattresses typically take 48-72 hours to expand. Other factors, like cold weather, can also affect decompression times.
Backed by a technology that has been around and developed for 40 years, Purple went on to create a comfortable, high-quality bed that is accessible to millions of people. This is how the Original Purple Mattress was born. This model integrates the Hyper-Elastic Polymer patented by the company’s founders. The use of this material as cushioning has been successful in the mattress industry abroad and other industries.
Purple came up with the Smart Comfort Grid, which applies the tech of the Hyper-Elastic Polymer to target pressure points, reduce motion transfer, and promote air flow. It adapts to the pressure and weight your body parts put on. For example, the heavier ones like the shoulders and hips are cushioned more firmly. Meanwhile, gentle support is given to the lighter ones.
This dynamic pressure relief enables this all-foam design to support back sleepers, especially those suffering from back pain. With a medium-firm feel, it also caters to various preferences. A queen version can be purchased for $999. Free shipping applies. However, Purple’s Amazon page does not indicate a sleep trial and a return policy. The product is backed by a 10-year warranty.
Casper is one of the most reviewed mattress brands on Amazon and is proud of the fact. The original Casper Mattress remains popular even as the company has introduced other models and competitors have released similar beds. Its top layer contours your body, providing loft instead of the sink-in feel. A support layer with zoning features follows to target pressure points.
As it’s contouring and supportive, this bed is recommended for back pain sufferers. Both back and stomach sleepers can gain from this design. Some side sleepers may appreciate it, too. It sports a firmness level of 6, which still falls within universal comfort. Those who share their beds with a partner, a sibling, their children, or a pet should check its good motion isolation capabilities.
Just one common rant in user reviews pertains to the foams sleeping warm. The open cell structure does offer some cooling. It just doesn’t last throughout your sleep. There is also minimal to no edge support, which isn’t always a big deal. These issues are resolved in later Casper releases. The Casper costs $1,095 (Queen). You can get it for less as Amazon likes slashing off original prices.
- Your purchase includes One Casper Original Foam Queen Mattress, 2019 Model with cover
- Mattress dimensions: 60” W x 80” L x 11” H. Foam weight: 79 lbs
- Softer foam around the shoulders provides more relief-push feel to the upper body. Firmer foam under the hips, waist, and lower back helps align your spine. For cooling, a top layer of perforated breathable foam helps reduce heat, Tiny holes move hot air and body heat away
Lucid is an online mattress brand that began in 2010. Since then, it has launched different models to cater to different needs and preferences. Not only does it find an edge in variety; it also claims its share of the pie by targeting low-cost bed buyers. At present, its bestselling mattress is the Lucid 10-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress. It’s soft and supportive, aligning your spine as you snooze.
As the name indicates, this model is 10 inches tall. It is composed of a soft gel memory foam top layer responsible for conforming to your body shape while eliminating pressure points.
Because it lets your spine rest in its natural alignment, your posture gets corrected. This benefit is boosted by the strong and supportive foam base. It will be completed by the Tencel fabric cover that is soft and breathable.
This medium plush mattress uses foams with CertiPUR-US certification. It has minimal motion transfer and little bounce. Couples may have to compromise on one part in this case.
But back and stomach sleepers are fit for this bed. A queen edition can be yours for only $249.99. You can avail of free shipping and a 10-year warranty. However, there is no mention of a sleep trial.
- This dual-layer mattress combines 2.5 inch gel infused, ventilated memory foam surface + 7.5 inch high density foam base for a MEDIUM-FIRM feel
- Gel infused memory foam regulates temperature while conforming to the body to ease pressure points
- Temperature-regulating, moisture-controlling TENCEL blend fabric cover creates a comfortable air layer
Nest Bedding is synonymous to luxury beds. It is not easy to find a model from this brand on Amazon. Yet, it understands that premium-quality products must be made accessible to more people. And so it created its budget mattress line, FLIP by Nest Bedding. It is called such because you can flip the bed to either the soft or firm side. It’s got flippable firmness for better customization.
A Visco gel support foam works together with 660 gauge caliber coil to make this possible. The company designed it in a way that the sides are equally breathable and comfortable. The ergonomic construction enables all sleeper types–back, side, stomach, even combo–to sleep soundly. Add safely because its materials are certified by the prestigious CertiPUR-US.
This model continues to receive positive reviews online. And Nest Bedding uses feedback to improve its products, particularly this. It retails at $449. Amazon customers can enjoy a 30-night sleep trial. It is also easy to request a return on the e-commerce site. But if you decide it is the right fit, you can keep it and be entitled to a 10-year limited warranty.
- HYBRID GEL FOAM AND COIL - We've combined cooling Visco Gel support foam with a durable Caliber Coil system, granting two sided firmness in the first flippable hybrid mattress online.
- TWO LUXURY FEELS - Two breathable and ergonomically supportive sleep surfaces in a medium and firm feel designed for side, stomach and back sleepers. Sleeps comfortable and cool, with built in airflow and cool sleeping fabric.
- AMAZON-EXCLUSIVE - We know it's hard to find a trusted brand on here. Made in the USA using CertiPUR-US certified foam. Easy returns through Amazon during the sleep trial.
Making the best mattress on the Amazon list is another favorite among users and experts: Ghostbed. This brand sets itself apart by producing beds that help athletes and active individuals achieve a restorative sleep day after day. The Ghostbed Luxe Mattress is one of its most popular models. Inside it, you’ll find an all-foam design that dissipates heat and caters to many comfort preferences.
On top is the Ghost Ice Layer, a foam that uses phase-change technology for better temperature regulation. This part actually feels cool to touch. Underneath it is the quilted gel-infused memory foam that conforms to your body’s natural curves. It also enhances the heat-wicking capability of the top layer, so your bed is cool and refreshing to sleep on.
Wrapping things up is the GhostBed Luxe fabric cover. It can efficiently neutralize temperature to prevent you from sweating the bed. In addition, the mattress features a 5.5 to 6.5 firmness score. This means it is neither too soft nor too hard. The Ghostbed Luxe is quite the luxury model at $1,575 for a queen edition.
Perks included in your Amazon purchase are free shipping and return, a 100-night trial, and a 25-year warranty.
- 7 LAYER COOLING TECHNOLOGY: Ice Fabric, ½ inch of cooling fiber, 1 inch of gel memory foam quilted into the fabric, Ice Surface, gel memory foam, Bounce Layer, support core
- CUTTING EDGE SLEEP TECHNOLOGY: Ice Fabric is a propriety Japanese formulation where cooling properties are woven into the actual fibers of the yarn. The Ice Surface is phase change technology that captures and stores heat scientifically creating a cool sleeping environment. The Bounce Layer is exclusively ours - responsive like Latex, contouring like memory foam, yet resilient. The Bounce layer is as close as you can come to floating without leaving the ground.
- INSTANT COOLING: 2 Stages of Next Generation Cooling. Our Ice Fabric and Cooling Layer keeps you cool as soon as you touch the mattress and stays that way all night long.
What’s stopping Amazon from putting up its own mattress line? Nothing. So we have AmazonBasics taking the best parts of the bestselling beds on the marketplace and coming up with its own bed-in-a-box models. One of them, the AmazonBasics Memory Foam Mattress, makes our best mattress on Amazon list. It’s simple and pleasing to look at. And it provides a low-cost option to those looking for awesome deals.
Featuring 3 all-foam layers, this design caters to lightweight sleepers with any sleeping position preference. It has a plush feel (3 to 5 firmness on the 1 to 10 scale), so you’ll have that snooze-on-a-cloud experience. The OEKO-TEX-certified top fabric is soft, cozy, and strong at the same time. It covers the memory foam layer that gives the bed its fuzzy feel while conforming to your body’s curves.
At the bottom, soft foam and a hard foam sport air holes and a wavy surface, respectively. Both improve the bed’s breathability. The latter adds stability and durability. This model is available in 8, 10, and 12 inches. A 12-inch queen version retails at $288.99. Shipping is free of charge, but there’s no indicated sleep trial. The product is backed by AmazonBasics’ one-year limited warranty.
- Item's dimensions: 80" W x 60"L x 12"H. Item's weight: 53.6 lbs.
- Queen-size memory-foam mattress with 3 foam layers for optimal softness and support
- Plush-feeling memory-foam layer adapts to the contours of the body and comfortably conforms to different sleep positions
Staking a claim in the race to being the best memory foam mattress on Amazon is the Zinus Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress. It is a product by online mattress brand Zinus, which is also in the running for offering the best cheap mattress on Amazon. The not-so-hidden secret of Zinus is its array of offerings. Through this variety, it is able to cater to different needs and preferences.
The Zinus Green Tea model features green tea to neutralize odor. This component works together with ActivCharcoal, composed of pure charcoal particles, in providing you with cleaner sleep. Yet, the highlight of owning a Zinus is its further thickness customization. You don’t only get to choose from sizes like Twin XL, Queen, and King. For the queen version, for instance, you can select from 6, 8, 10, and 12 inches.
Also, the firmness level is different for each thickness. Here’s a breakdown for the queen size:
- 6 inches – 5.9
- 8 inches – 6.1
- 10 inches – 6.4
- 12 inches – 6.6
Take note that Zinus uses a firmness scale where 1 is firmest and 10 is softest. So the thicker you go, the softer you feel. Prices also depend on the size and thickness. The rates for a Queen range from $156 to $344. The bed comes with a 100-night trial, free shipping, and a 10-year warranty.
- The right combination- Our special recipe for rejuvenating rest. Refreshing green tea and moisture-absorbing Activ charcoal infused into pressure-relieving memory foam that cradles your shape so you awake free of aches and pains and fresh as a daisy
- Pressure-relieving foams- 3 inches conforming memory foam, 2 inches soft, airflow enhancing comfort foam, and 7 inches durable, high density base support foam; ideal for side sleepers and petite to average weight sleepers
- Certipur US certified- Highest quality foam is Certipur US certified for durability, performance, and content
A brand’s popularity can shoot up when it taps on the market reach of Amazon. Linenspa is a good example of this. One of its bestsellers, as well as one of the cheapest, is the Linenspa 8-Inch Memory Foam Hybrid Mattress. Take note that it is a hybrid offered at an introductory price. This makes for an ideal bed in your kid’s room, dorm room, guest room, or master bedroom.
To start off, this model is linked at the top by a pillow top memory foam. It contours your body’s curves while providing a plush feel. At the base, the tempered coils are working hard to support your pressure points for better relief. A cozy knit cover finishes off this construction. At 8 inches, this bed delivers a medium firmness, which is not too soft and not too firm.
Take advantage of this hybrid if you’re a lightweight to average weight sleeper. It’s also ideal for growing kids and college students. This model costs a jaw-dropping $179.99. It is available for free shipping within the contiguous United States. There is no specified sleep trial, but Amazon allows returns within 30 days. The product is backed by a 10-year limited warranty.
- 8 inch hybrid mattress combine hypallergenic memory foam with the traditional support of an innerspring mattress for a medium-firm feel perfect for kids rooms, guest beds, or an affordable low-profile option
- A plush layer of memory foam helps align the spine to minimize pressure points for increased comfort
- Finished with a cozy knit cover, this mattress is compressed as a bed in a box for convenient delivery and setup
Know Before You Buy
Factors to Consider When Buying A Mattress On Amazon
Brand vs Seller
When buying a mattress on Amazon, it’s better to look for the brand’s page. Although there are credible resellers on the site, you’re increasing your risk of purchasing a fake version. Plus, these retailers may not offer you the perks available to owners, such as the sleep trial and warranty. They may not honor return requests as well.
The brands listed here have their own Amazon page.
Check Sleep Trial and Warranty Offers
Related to buying directly from brands, you need to check the terms for factors like sleep trial, shipping and return, refund, and warranty. There are 2 main things to remember. First, the company may offer the full suite of free shipping, a generous sleep trial, and a warranty coverage starting at 5 or 10 years.
Second, it’s Amazon who will honor those terms, and as to which terms it will honor will depend on its bandwidth. Meaning, Amazon may offer free shipping and return, but it can replace the longer trial with its 30-day trial.
If you have an Amazon Prime membership, you are entitled to free 2-day delivery on top of other perks. This is applicable only to the contiguous US, though. You may also avail of a one-day delivery service for a discounted rate. But you’ll have to check this with Amazon and the brand you are buying from to be sure.
One of the perks of shopping on Amazon is the great deals that pop up on the site every day. The regular prices often get slashed down, so you can order a bed for a fraction of the company direct price.
Amazon is also big on bundling. So, for instance, you can get a set of bed and accessories (mattress and pillows) for a discounted rate.
Because Amazon is a third-party agent, the brands selling here are probably replenishing stocks on their own sites first. Thus, you may not always find your desired model available on the company’s Amazon page.
One thing that you’ll love about Amazon shopping & Mattress on Amazon is its established customer support. It’s sometimes easier to deal with an issue by contacting one of its agents than speaking directly with the brand.
In your final search for the best mattress on Amazon, consider the factors we have outlined. You may veer away from the models we have recommended if they don’t fit the bill.
But we have done our best to present you with a wide range of options. It’s our hope and goal to help you streamline your decision-making. We know you have more things to tackle today.
Visit phatfusion.net regularly to get your fat dose of all things related to finding the best mattresses and achieving better sleep.