Despite a rise in popularity of other types of mattresses on the market today, the traditional innerspring mattress continues to be the most in-demand, possibly because it has been available for purchase for such a long time, predating both the latex and memory foam mattresses. Although many are beginning to prefer the latter mattress options, there is still quite a few people out there who enjoy the bounce and cool feeling that innerspring mattresses offer.
With so many models available on the market, it can be daunting to determine which are of the highest quality and will stand up to many years of use. In addition, many of these traditional mattresses now include new technology to reduce the issues of previous models, such as motion transfer. Read on and let us help you determine which will be the best innerspring mattress for you!
Table of Contents
- 1. Signature Sleep Contour 8-Inch Independently-Encased Coil Mattress
- 2. Simmons BeautySleep Plush Pillow Top 450, Queen Innerspring Mattress
- 3. Sunrising Bedding 8 inch Innerspring Mattress
- 4. Sleep Master Ultima® Comfort 8-Inch Spring Mattress
- 5. Englander Finale 10-Inch Innerspring Mattress
- 6. Olee Sleep 13-Inch Box Top Hybrid Gel Infused Memory Foam Innerspring Mattress
- 7. Classic Brands 8-Inch Advantage Hybrid Innerspring Mattress
- 8. LinenSpa 6-Inch Innerspring Mattress
- 9. Serta Perfect Sleeper Lockland Super Pillow Top Mattress Hybrid Gel Innerspring
- 10. Inofia Innerspring Hybrid Mattress
- Who Should Buy an Innerspring Mattress?
- What to Look For in an Innerspring Mattress?
- Which is Better Memory Foam or Innerspring Mattress?
This mattress is considered to be one of the most popular innerspring mattresses on the market today. With thousands of rave reviews from customers and high ratings from professional critics, it is easy to see why people truly enjoy this mattress.
Covered in soft polyester jacquard, the 8-inch mattress made with CertiPUR-US Certified foam is available in Twin, Full, Queen, and King sizes. The coil springs are independently encased in order to offer the sleeper the most support possible for a good night of sleep while also working to reduce motion transfer, a great feature for those who share their bed. The 7-inch 15-gauge coils are also able to contour to the body shape of the sleeper, aiding in the reduction of pressure points and ensuring a great nights’ sleep. In addition, it includes a layer of foam for additional support and comfort.
Positive reviews for the mattress suggest that it holds up well, as several customers have come back to leave comments several years later about how the mattress is still comfortable and offers just as much support as it did on the first night. However, others say the mattress is too firm for their taste, so if you prefer a softer mattress this may not be the one for you.
- The Signature Sleep contour 8” mattress is made with a layer of high-density foam at the Top and bottom and with a 7" layer of 15 Gauge independently Encased coils
- The contour 8” is a reversible mattress enabling you to flip and rotate the mattress to even out the wear and last for years to come
- The premium modern platform bed has an industrial modern style and it is strong and durable. Made with Sturdy metal and it includes heavy-duty Steel slats that do not require additional foundation
The BeautySleep Plush Pillow Top features a foam technology that cools the temperature of the surface in an effort to aid in the ability to stay cool all night long. Density wrapped coils inside the mattress are able to maintain an equal weight distribution, helping to keep the mattress steady despite any movements made by your partner while you sleep.
The bed is made with high quality, durable materials that will allow the mattress to remain comfortable and offer the same level of support for years to come.
The mattress comes in Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and California King. In addition, it can be purchased in several styles of 200 plush, 300 firm, 300 plush, 400 pillow top medium, 400 medium and 450 pillow top plush. It also comes with a five year limited warranty.
Despite all of this, some people may find the pillow top to result in the entire mattress being too high.
- Queen size mattress is the solution for when you need a sleep surface such as an extra bed, a planned camping or RV excursion, sleepover, or a guest bed; Adjust from firm to plush with the touch of a button
- Features a plush comfort top that contours and supports your body; Provides soft, all night support
- Includes Electric Express Pump that inflates and deflates hands free within seconds; Bonus adapter for other inflatables
The mattress features a latex layer that enables the bed to remain stable despite any movement on top. In addition the 825 coils that are placed within individual pockets work to reduce any pressure points and aid in a good night of sleep over multiple years of use. The bed is able to maintain the weight and pressure of those who sleep on it without any sort of sagging, or deforming across the years.
The company offers a 120-night trial, 20-year warranty and no risk return policy for all of their customers.
- Natural latex king mattress top layer adopts Talalay Latex technology, a healthier manufacturing process without gellation reagents in its formula, combines with our strict purity standards to ensure that you rest peacefully on your new mattress from the very first night. There are no off-putting smells or irritants, and no need to wait days for your mattress to "air out" . Mattress King Size Dimension: 80"X76"X8"
- Classic Independently Pocket Spring Mattress adopts 2.0 mm gauge encased coil spring in the middle of mattress for better blood circulation by relieving numb muscle and pain in joints to have an orthopedic effect on the back, waist and shoulders. Altogether 1056 Premium pocket coils work independently to alleviate motion disturbance which means you won't be woken up when your companion moves in the bed.
- Hybrid firm mattress draw from natural organic latex and innerspring mattress components to offer a balanced sleep experience for many individuals. This provides not only comfortable cushioning and close conforming for targeted pressure relief, but also offers strong edge support and a flat, even sleep surface that helps reduce aches and pains.
This affordable mattress comes in four styles, including an eight, 10, 12 and 13-inch mattress. We will be taking a closer look at the eight-inch mattress today, which comes in Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, and King sizes.
The mattress is a popular choice and highly rated for its firm level of comfort as well as the support offered through its pressure relieving foam that comes with iCoil pocketed springs. Reviewers also enjoy the 10-year limited warranty that accompanies the mattress. Innerspring mattresses tend to last just a few years, but the lengthy warranty signifies its durability to consumers.
The iCoil system is comprised of hundreds of coils all of which work independently of each other to the comfort level of the mattress as a whole. As a result, motion transfer is virtually non-existent, making this a great choice for light sleepers.
The materials used throughout the mattress are high quality CertiPUR-US certified foam, ensuring consumers of its durability and performance for many years.
The main goal of the mattress is provide relief and customized support through the comfort foam and iCoil technology. This is accomplished through 7.5 inches of iCoil pocketed springs and foam. Many reviewers say they enjoy the foam addition to this mattress, stating memory foam mattresses tend to be too firm and this offers the comfort of an innerspring mattress while adding the support of a memory foam.
Despite this, some owners did report feeling that the mattress was a bit too firm, suggesting that this may not be the best mattress for back sleepers, although side sleepers will be quite happy with it.
The entire mattress is covered in another layer of foam and fiber that is quilted with jacquard fabric.
- A BED THAT CHECKS ALL THE BOXES - Enjoy deep and comfortable sleep on top of this supportive and durable design, made with conforming foam for softness and individually wrapped steel coils for customized spinal alignment, motion separation and added stability
- TOP QUALITY LAYERS - .75 inch soft comfort foam and 7.5 inch individually wrapped motion isolating pocket springs; ideal for stomach and back sleepers
- CERTIPUR US CERTIFIED - Highest quality foam is CertiPUR US Certified for durability, performance, and content
5. Englander Finale 10-Inch Innerspring Mattress
Made in America, the Englander features hundreds of positive reviews from satisfied customers. Offering customized comfort, the mattress features a 14-gauge 3-zone springs set that not only reduces noise but also helps to stop motion transfer. While a 14-gauge support is found in the middle of the mattress, both the head and foot have a 14.5-gauge support in an effort to offer localized support to the lower back, shoulders, and legs of the sleeper while at the same time reducing any pressure points.
The foam used in the mattress is CertiPUR-US certified and is free from all heavy metals, formaldehyde, flame retardants and phtalates. The entire mattress is covered in a top layer made from a polyester blend mixed with polyester for additional comfort.
Owners of this mattress continue to come back to leave positive reviews, even several years after purchase, making this one of the most popular choices for innerspring mattress purchases. These reviews suggest the mattress is affordable and did not have any chemical smell upon purchase.
However, if you are seeking a firm mattress this may not be the choice for you as many have stated it is a bit softer when compared to other innerspring mattresses.
No products found.
The Olee Sleep offers consumers an affordable option for those who cannot decide between memory foam or an innerspring mattress.
A combination mattress, it is truly an innerspring, but is covered by a layer of memory foam for added comfort and support. This allows sleepers the benefit of enjoying the feeling of a memory foam mattress in addition to the stable support offered by innerspring mattresses.
In all, the mattress has five layers. The bottom layer features 7.5 inches of heat-treated coils to create a stable firm support. This is topped with a 1-inch layer of gel-cool I Gel to help regulate the temperature. The middle layer is made up of 1.5 inches of memory foam that both supports and contours to the body shape of the sleeper. This is topped with two inches of high-density foam that absorbs your weight, dispersing it throughout the bed. The entire mattress is topped with a 2-inch layer of poly jacquard fabric for comfort, as well as hollow conjugated fiber for ventilation.
The coils work independently to not only support the entire weight of the sleeper, but also to effectively eliminate motion transfer.
Despite all of this, if you are not a fan of memory foam mattresses, you may want to consider other options, as some reviewers have stated that this is a bit more firm than other innerspring mattresses currently on the market.
- 7.5 inch heat treated Coil maintains mattress firmness constantly
- 1 inch Eco friendly Gel cool I Gel help you sleep in proper temperature.
- 1.5 inch soft memory foam supports and surrounds your body Shape
This option has pocket coils that have been individually wrapped in an effort to offer both support and responsiveness to its users. The coils also work to reduce motion transfer. For additional comfort, the mattress is covered with a layer of premium foam, and has a quilted knit cover.
The mattress is shipped in a compressed form for shipping purposes. This may be an issue for some customers, as it can take anywhere from 24 to 48 hours for the mattress to fully expand and become usable.
- 60" W x 80" L x 8" H
- Perfect solution for Back To School, great for kids' rooms, bunk beds, and dorms
- Constructed with individually wrapped tempered steel coil system that create a responsive and supportive sleep experience at the right price
Although this mattress is thinner than most on the market today, the level of comfort and support offered have not been compromised. The mattress is topped with a foam layer that offers a cushioned surface. Under that is a layer of felt pad for insulation, with the bottom layer comprised of high quality tempered steel coils for support, although they are not individually cased and so do not aid in the reduction of motion transfer.
The mattress comes with a 10-year warranty.
While many of the reviews of this mattress talk about how comfortable it is, if you are a heavier person you may sink through, reducing the comfort level for you. In addition, some reviews suggest this to be a firm mattress, so if you are seeking a soft mattress you may want to continue your search.
- Your purchase includes one Linenspa 6-inch innerspring mattress, in twin size
- Item's dimensions: 39" W x 75"L x 6"H. Feel: Firm
- Fits box springs, slatted/platform bed frame and metal grids
Made in the United States, this mattress is made with high quality materials and has a price tag that reflects as such. The mattress features both memory foam and a custom support flex 704 coil system which offers 100% support to the entire body of the sleeper while at the same time offering complete contouring for comfort. In addition, a twist gel memory foam has been incorporated for temperature regulation.
The mattress includes several layers, such as a 1-inch quilted fire-blocker fiber pills-fill foam top, a Serta comfort XD foam layer, a layer of cool twist gel memory foam, and the coil system.
A 10-year warranty is included with purchase.
In general, customers seem to be happy with their purchase and say that the mattress is both comfortable and durable. However, many complain that the company’s customer service is lacking, calling it inefficient. In addition, the bed is much more expensive compared to other innerspring mattresses currently available.
- The super pillow top features advanced bedding technology layers of memory foam
- Extra deep layer of soft yet supportive foam that gently cradles the body to help provide enhanced pressure relieving comfort near the sleep surface
- Quilt- fire blocker fiber pillow-fill 1" Serta pillow soft foam - top upholstery- 2, 3/4" Serta comfort ad foam 1/2" cool twist gel memory foam
10. Inofia Innerspring Hybrid Mattress
The top layer of this mattress features memory foam that virtually eliminates any pressure points. Also, the movement is distributed well throughout the bed as a whole, as is body heat. A cooler temperature is also dispersed from the mattress during
The mattress has a total of five comfort zones that allow the user to sleep soundly without waking to any body aches or stiff muscles.
In addition, a hypo-allergenic treatment reduces the amount of moisture and dust mite allergens allowing for a sound night of sleep.
The mattress comes with a
- 【SUPER COMFORT】Perfectly 3D knitted fabric makes for the breathable and smooth comfort surface. Revolutionary high-density foam brings you conforming comfort. Air-cool wave of cover promotes the airflow inside mattress. Such a pioneering comfortable mattress provides you a better night sleep.
- 【MAXIMUM SUPPORT】High quality carbon steel spring coil of strong resilience, good support performance provide the targeted, tailored support for your skeletal system. Tempered by heat treatment for the rust&deformation prevention for great durability .
- 【PROFESSIONAL TECHNOLOGY 】 Professionally hypo-allergenic treatment reduces moisture and dust-mite allergen inside the mattress for a healthier sleep. The mattress surface is hand-stitched&quilted by skilled craftsman for the superior and elegant look.
Ultimately, the mattress you select will highly depend on your individual needs with regards to comfort and support. There are many benefits to purchasing an innerspring mattress, including the number of options available to you. As such, we recommend heading to a store to try some of these out before purchasing. While one person may like a firmer mattress, you may prefer something softer.
All of these options come at a variety of price points, meaning that there is certainly a mattress out there for you, not only in terms of comfort and support, but also price. However, it is important to keep in mind that when it comes to mattresses, you typically get what you pay for, and cheaper mattresses most likely have thin coil gauges that will not last long.
Who Should Buy an Innerspring Mattress?
The innerspring mattress remains the most widely used mattress type, according to WebMD. The variety of coils available now allows buyers to find a sturdier, more breathable version. Factors like firmness, thickness, and durability have improved throughout the years, too.
In this case, a good number of people may benefit from the alignment and support provided by innersprings. Those who sleep on the back and stomach can rely on the structure of the springs. With options like individually wrapped coils, you can also take advantage of the bed’s pressure-relieving effects.
In addition, the pocket springs help distribute weight evenly. This, in turn, results in the spine falling into its neutral alignment. It is this event that can help prevent you from experiencing pain and soreness when you wake up.
On the other hand, side sleepers may not share the same outcomes with a purely innerspring mattress. For their case, a hybrid model could do them better. This is because they need a sleeping surface that is neither too firm or too soft. The foam and spring combo of a hybrid is likely to produce that balance.
Lastly, innersprings are said to increase blood circulation. So, if you want to keep a healthy circulatory system, this mattress type should be on your radar.
What to Look For in an Innerspring Mattress?
With a core made up of steel coil springs, wrapped in upholstery at the top and bottom, the innerspring is one of the most straightforward mattress types. It has been the bed of choice for people since the 1900s. When shopping for one, you should check out the following factors to find the right fit.
This gives you an idea of the innerspring’s firmness and support. It refers to thickness indicated by a number.A lower number represents a thicker spring core. So, a 12.5-gauge coil is thicker and firmer than a 14-gauge coil. However, a 14-gauge coil is the current standard. So you should look for a figure around this standard to ensure good performance.
Mainly, coils are either interconnected using wires or individually encased. These two types can be divided into several sub-types, which are as follows:
- Bonnell Coils – The most common, oldest, and cheapest kind, this one is derived from the springs found in buggy seats back in the 1800s. It is distinguished by its hourglass-shaped steel wire coils with knotted, round tops. These springs are connected by crosswire helicals, which form the innerspring or Bonnell unit.
It can be found typically in low- and mid-range models.
- Offset Coils – Derived from Bonnell coils, this type has the same hourglass-shaped coils. But they sport flat or square top and bottom parts instead. Helical wires link every two square ends to construct the innerspring unit. This allows the coils to respond individually to your body’s movements, pressure, and weight.
Offset coils are, thus, conforming. They are knotted or unknotted. If knotted, they can also produce a smoother and more stable feel, thanks to their knotted
- Continuous Coils – This is the name of the innerspring sub-type popularized by Serta. Also known as Mira-coil, this innerspring unit is put together using a continuous wire. Depending on the rows, which can run crosswise, lengthwise, or both, this type can handle heavier loads.
- Marshall or Pocketed Coils – This is the preferred type among more recent manufacturers and consumers. With this one, the coils are wrapped individually or encased. They can also be deployed as pocket springs. The coils have a thin gauged, are knotless, and shaped like a barrel.
They differ from the others because they are not enjoined by wires. Instead, they are independently placed in a man-made, non-woven fabric. And their construction dictates how they work and carry weight, as well as isolate motion.
Which is Better Memory Foam or Innerspring Mattress?
It depends on your priorities and preferences. Memory foam has its own set of strengths and weaknesses like the innerspring. Memory foam wins in terms of conformity. Yet, innerspring can weather the years better on top of its firmness.
When combined, they create the hybrid mattress, which packs all the good things about both types and delivers a brand-new and better sleeping experience.