10 Best Innerspring Mattress in 2019 [Complete Guide & Reviews]
Despite a rise in popularity of other types of mattresses on the market today, the traditional innerspring mattress continues to be the most in-demand, possibly because it has been available for purchase for such a long time, predating both the latex and memory foam mattresses. Although many are beginning to prefer the latter mattress options, there is still quite a few people out there who enjoy the bounce and cool feeling that innerspring mattresses offer.
With so many models available on the market, it can be daunting to determine which are of the highest quality and will stand up to many years of use. In addition, many of these traditional mattresses now include new technology to reduce the issues of previous models, such as motion transfer. Read on and let us help you determine which will be the best innerspring mattress for you!
Table of Contents
- 1. Signature Sleep Contour 8-Inch Independently-Encased Coil Mattress
- 2. Simmons BeautySleep Plush Pillow Top 450, Queen Innerspring Mattress
- 3. Sunrising Bedding 8 inch Innerspring Mattress
- 4. Sleep Master Ultima® Comfort 8-Inch Spring Mattress
- 5. Englander Finale 10-Inch Innerspring Mattress
- 6. Olee Sleep 13-Inch Box Top Hybrid Gel Infused Memory Foam Innerspring Mattress
- 7. Classic Brands 8-Inch Advantage Hybrid Innerspring Mattress
- 8. LinenSpa 6-Inch Innerspring Mattress
- 9. Serta Perfect Sleeper Lockland Super Pillow Top Mattress Hybrid Gel Innerspring
- 10. Inofia Innerspring Hybrid Mattress
This mattress is considered to be one of the most popular innerspring mattresses on the market today. With thousands of rave reviews from customers and high ratings from professional critics, it is easy to see why people truly enjoy this mattress.
Covered in soft polyester jacquard, the 8-inch mattress made with CertiPUR-US Certified foam is available in Twin, Full, Queen, and King sizes. The coil springs are independently encased in order to offer the sleeper the most support possible for a good night of sleep while also working to reduce motion transfer, a great feature for those who share their bed. The 7-inch 15-gauge coils are also able to contour to the body shape of the sleeper, aiding in the reduction of pressure points and ensuring a great nights’ sleep. In addition, it includes a layer of foam for additional support and comfort.
Positive reviews for the mattress suggest that it holds up well, as several customers have come back to leave comments several years later about how the mattress is still comfortable and offers just as much support as it did on the first night. However, others say the mattress is too firm for their taste, so if you prefer a softer mattress this may not be the one for you.
- The Signature Sleep contour 8" mattress is made with a layer of high-density foam at the Top and bottom and with a 7" layer of 15 Gauge independently Encased coils
- The contour 8" is a reversible mattress enabling you to flip and rotate the mattress to even out the wear and last for years to come
- The premium modern platform bed has an industrial modern style and it is strong and durable. Made with Sturdy metal and it includes heavy-duty Steel slats that do not require additional foundation
The BeautySleep Plush Pillow Top features a foam technology that cools the temperature of the surface in an effort to aid in the ability to stay cool all night long. Density wrapped coils inside the mattress are able to maintain an equal weight distribution, helping to keep the mattress steady despite any movements made by your partner while you sleep.
The bed is made with high quality, durable materials that will allow the mattress to remain comfortable and offer the same level of support for years to come.
The mattress comes in Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and California King. In addition, it can be purchased in several styles of 200 plush, 300 firm, 300 plush, 400 pillow top medium, 400 medium and 450 pillow top plush. It also comes with a five year limited warranty.
Despite all of this, some people may find the pillow top to result in the entire mattress being too high.
- Queen size mattress is the solution for when you need a sleep surface such as an extra bed, a planned camping or RV excursion, sleepover, or a guest bed; Adjust from firm to plush with the touch of a button
- Features a plush comfort top that contours and supports your body; Provides soft, all night support
- Includes Electric Express Pump that inflates and deflates hands free within seconds; Bonus adapter for other inflatables
The mattress features a latex layer that enables the bed to remain stable despite any movement on top. In addition the 825 coils that are placed within individual pockets work to reduce any pressure points and aid in a good night of sleep over multiple years of use. The bed is able to maintain the weight and pressure of those who sleep on it without any sort of sagging, or deforming across the years.
This is a hybrid mattress that is able to be placed either on a bed frame or the floor. The mold and dust mite retardant mattress comes in Twin, Full, Queen, King, and California King.
The company offers a 120-night trial, 20-year warranty and no risk return policy for all of their customers.
- Talalay latex layer performs perfectly in response and pressure relief, free of any flame retardant. 100% natural latex extracted from Thailand's rubber tree bears, non toxins, zero odor and allergens, working well in dust mite prevention, molding and temperature regulation. Note: can't be flipped.
- Independent encased spring support layer is made of tempered steel coils (2.0mm Diameter & 4 Lines of 2.2mm Diameter on the Edge), no signs of sagging and don't sink in. 1056 coils are encased in individual pockets to provide localized bounce in different zones for excellent motion isolation.
- Cushion firm feel from cooling inner spring bed, plus comfortable latex layer greatly relief pressure points on back, shoulders and waist, no matter you are side, back or stomach sleeper.
This affordable mattress comes in four styles, including an eight, 10, 12 and 13-inch mattress. We will be taking a closer look at the eight-inch mattress today, which comes in Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, and King sizes.
The mattress is a popular choice and highly rated for its firm level of comfort as well as the support offered through its pressure relieving foam that comes with iCoil pocketed springs. Reviewers also enjoy the 10-year limited warranty that accompanies the mattress. Innerspring mattresses tend to last just a few years, but the lengthy warranty signifies its durability to consumers.
The iCoil system is comprised of hundreds of coils all of which work independently of each other to the comfort level of the mattress as a whole. As a result, motion transfer is virtually non-existent, making this a great choice for light sleepers.
The materials used throughout the mattress are high quality CertiPUR-US certified foam, ensuring consumers of its durability and performance for many years.
The main goal of the mattress is provide relief and customized support through the comfort foam and iCoil technology. This is accomplished through 7.5 inches of iCoil pocketed springs and foam. Many reviewers say they enjoy the foam addition to this mattress, stating memory foam mattresses tend to be too firm and this offers the comfort of an innerspring mattress while adding the support of a memory foam.
Despite this, some owners did report feeling that the mattress was a bit too firm, suggesting that this may not be the best mattress for back sleepers, although side sleepers will be quite happy with it.
The entire mattress is covered in another layer of foam and fiber that is quilted with jacquard fabric.
- Firm, customized support from Pressure Relieving Comfort Foam and iCoil Pocketed Springs
- iCoil system is comprised of hundreds of independent iCoils to virtually eliminate any motion transfer
- Only the Highest Quality of Foam-Foam is CertiPUR - US Certified for durability, performance, and content
Made in America, the Englander features hundreds of positive reviews from satisfied customers. Offering customized comfort, the mattress features a 14-gauge 3-zone springs set that not only reduces noise but also helps to stop motion transfer. While a 14-gauge support is found in the middle of the mattress, both the head and foot have a 14.5-gauge support in an effort to offer localized support to the lower back, shoulders, and legs of the sleeper while at the same time reducing any pressure points.
The foam used in the mattress is CertiPUR-US certified and is free from all heavy metals, formaldehyde, flame retardants and phtalates. The entire mattress is covered in a top layer made from a polyester blend mixed with polyester for additional comfort.
Owners of this mattress continue to come back to leave positive reviews, even several years after purchase, making this one of the most popular choices for innerspring mattress purchases. These reviews suggest the mattress is affordable and did not have any chemical smell upon purchase.
However, if you are seeking a firm mattress this may not be the choice for you as many have stated it is a bit softer when compared to other innerspring mattresses.
- Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress
The Olee Sleep offers consumers an affordable option for those who cannot decide between memory foam or an innerspring mattress.
A combination mattress, it is truly an innerspring, but is covered by a layer of memory foam for added comfort and support. This allows sleepers the benefit of enjoying the feeling of a memory foam mattress in addition to the stable support offered by innerspring mattresses.
In all, the mattress has five layers. The bottom layer features 7.5 inches of heat-treated coils to create a stable firm support. This is topped with a 1-inch layer of gel-cool I Gel to help regulate the temperature. The middle layer is made up of 1.5 inches of memory foam that both supports and contours to the body shape of the sleeper. This is topped with two inches of high-density foam that absorbs your weight, dispersing it throughout the bed. The entire mattress is topped with a 2-inch layer of poly jacquard fabric for comfort, as well as hollow conjugated fiber for ventilation.
The coils work independently to not only support the entire weight of the sleeper, but also to effectively eliminate motion transfer.
Despite all of this, if you are not a fan of memory foam mattresses, you may want to consider other options, as some reviewers have stated that this is a bit more firm than other innerspring mattresses currently on the market.
- 7.5 inch heat treated Coil maintains mattress firmness constantly
- 1 inch Eco friendly Gel cool I Gel help you sleep in proper temperature.
- 1.5 inch soft memory foam supports and surrounds your body Shape
This option has pocket coils that have been individually wrapped in an effort to offer both support and responsiveness to its users. The coils also work to reduce motion transfer. For additional comfort, the mattress is covered with a layer of premium foam, and has a quilted knit cover.
The mattress is shipped in a compressed form for shipping purposes. This may be an issue for some customers, as it can take anywhere from 24 to 48 hours for the mattress to fully expand and become usable.
- Constructed with individually wrapped tempered steel coil system that create a responsive and supportive sleep experience at the right price
- Beautifully detailed quilted knit cover for durability and tightly knit edges for optimum edge support
- Top layer of comfort foam for added pressure relief; 8 inches of 768 Count 13 gauge individually wrapped tempered steel coils for ultimate support
Although this mattress is thinner than most on the market today, the level of comfort and support offered have not been compromised. The mattress is topped with a foam layer that offers a cushioned surface. Under that is a layer of felt pad for insulation, with the bottom layer comprised of high quality tempered steel coils for support, although they are not individually cased and so do not aid in the reduction of motion transfer.
The mattress comes with a 10-year warranty.
While many of the reviews of this mattress talk about how comfortable it is, if you are a heavier person you may sink through, reducing the comfort level for you. In addition, some reviews suggest this to be a firm mattress, so if you are seeking a soft mattress you may want to continue your search.
- Heavy-gauge tempered steel coils provide a firm mattress with exceptional support and durability perfect for a kids room, guest beds, or an affordable low-profile option
- Fire resistant barrier meets flammability standards and helps keep your loved ones safe while they sleep
- Quilted fabric cover and foam layer offers a layer of top cushioning for increased comfort
Made in the United States, this mattress is made with high quality materials and has a price tag that reflects as such. The mattress features both memory foam and a custom support flex 704 coil system which offers 100% support to the entire body of the sleeper while at the same time offering complete contouring for comfort. In addition, a twist gel memory foam has been incorporated for temperature regulation.
The mattress includes several layers, such as a 1-inch quilted fire-blocker fiber pills-fill foam top, a Serta comfort XD foam layer, a layer of cool twist gel memory foam, and the coil system.
A 10-year warranty is included with purchase.
In general, customers seem to be happy with their purchase and say that the mattress is both comfortable and durable. However, many complain that the company’s customer service is lacking, calling it inefficient. In addition, the bed is much more expensive compared to other innerspring mattresses currently available.
- The super pillow top features advanced bedding technology layers of memory foam
- Extra deep layer of soft yet supportive foam that gently cradles the body to help provide enhanced pressure relieving comfort near the sleep surface
- Quilt- fire blocker fiber pillow-fill 1" Serta pillow soft foam - top upholstery- 2, 3/4" Serta comfort ad foam 1/2" cool twist gel memory foam
10. Inofia Innerspring Hybrid Mattress
The top layer of this mattress features memory foam that virtually eliminates any pressure points. Also, the movement is distributed well throughout the bed as a whole, as is body heat. A cooler temperature is also dispersed from the mattress during
The mattress has a total of five comfort zones that allow the user to sleep soundly without waking to any body aches or stiff muscles.
In addition, a hypo-allergenic treatment reduces the amount of moisture and dust mite allergens allowing for a sound night of sleep.
The mattress comes with a
- 【SUPER COMFORT】Perfectly 3D knitted fabric makes for the breathable and smooth comfort surface. Revolutionary high-density foam brings you conforming comfort. Air-cool wave of cover promotes the airflow inside mattress. Such a pioneering comfortable mattress provides you a better night sleep.
- 【MAXIMUM SUPPORT】High quality carbon steel spring coil of strong resilience, good support performance provide the targeted, tailored support for your skeletal system. Tempered by heat treatment for the rust&deformation prevention for great durability .
- 【PROFESSIONAL TECHNOLOGY 】 Professionally hypo-allergenic treatment reduces moisture and dust-mite allergen inside the mattress for a healthier sleep. The mattress surface is hand-stitched&quilted by skilled craftsman for the superior and elegant look.
Ultimately, the mattress you select will highly depend on your individual needs with regards to comfort and support. There are many benefits to purchasing an innerspring mattress, including the number of options available to you. As such, we recommend heading to a store to try some of these out before purchasing. While one person may like a firmer mattress, you may prefer something softer.
All of these options come at a variety of price points, meaning that there is certainly a mattress out there for you, not only in terms of comfort and support, but also price. However, it is important to keep in mind that when it comes to mattresses, you typically get what you pay for, and cheaper mattresses most likely have thin coil gauges that will not last long.